MD19 District H Governor Surinder Gahir
District Governor's Web Site
MD19 Zone H7 Chairperson Bill Cheaqui
There are nine Lions Clubs in MD19 Zone H7, located in Washington State on Whidbey Island, Fidalgo Island, Lopez Island, San Juan Island and Orcas Island. All the clubs are highly active in their communities, striving to accomplish the humanitarian mission, while adhering to the purposes and maintaining the ethical standards set forth by Lions Club International.
Lions Club International Mission Statement
· TO CREATE AND FOSTER a spirit of understanding among all people for humanitarian needs by providing voluntary services through community involvement and international cooperation.
Lions International Purposes
· To Organize, charter and supervise service clubs to be known as Lions clubs.
· To Coordinate the activities and standardize the administration of Lions clubs.
· To Create and foster a spirit of understanding among the peoples of the world.
· To Promote the principles of good government and good citizenship.
· To Take an active interest in the civic, cultural, social and moral welfare of the community.
· To Unite the clubs in the bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
· To Provide a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest; provided, however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members.
· To Encourage service-minded people to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry, professions, public works and private endeavors.
Lions Code of Ethics
· To Show my faith in the worthiness of my vocation by industrious application to the end that I may merit a reputation for quality of service.
· To Seek success and to demand all fair remuneration or profit as my just due, but to accept no profit or success at the price of my own self-respect lost because of unfair advantage taken or because of questionable acts on my part.
· To Remember that in building up my business it is not necessary to tear down another's; to be loyal to my clients or customers and true to myself.
· Whenever a doubt arises as to the right or ethics of my position or action towards others, to resolve such doubt against myself.
· To Hold friendship as an end and not a means. To hold that true friendship exists not on account of the service performed by one to another, but that true friendship demands nothing but accepts service in the spirit in which it is given.
· Always to bear in mind my obligations as a citizen to my nation, my state, and my community, and to give them my unswerving loyalty in word, act, and deed. To give them freely of my time, labor and means.
· To Aid others by giving my sympathy to those in distress, my aid to the weak, and my substance to the needy.
· To Be Careful with my criticism and liberal with my praise; to build up and not destroy.
To learn more about Lions Clubs, go to www.lionsclubs.org
Lions are an international network of 1.3 million men and women in 205 countries and geographic areas who work together to answer the needs that challenge communities around the world.