Team Up for Service Excellence
District Governor 2016 - 2017
2016 - 2017 Governor’s Goals
- Establish at least 4 new clubs in the district
- Establish at least 4 new Leo clubs in the district
- Establish at least 20 new centennial branch/affiliate young clubs in the district
- Have 2 Membership Blitzes in October, 2016, and March, 2017, with the goal of having 500 new members recruited during each of the 2 membership blitzes
- Have each club formulate a membership committee which focuses on membership recruitment and retention
- Have each club in the District elect a Membership Chair
- Have each club in the District be positive in membership growth
- Have our District be #1 in the State in Membership by the end of the year.
- Help to strengthen the struggling clubs in the District by having workshops with the District Governor Leadership Team
- Identify Potential New Leaders in the District; once the new leaders are identified, provide training for the new leaders with help from the District Governor Leadership Team
- Have all of the Clubs in the District be Centennial Service Clubs, by completing service projects in the following 4 categories: Environment, Hunger, Vision, and Kids.
- Have all of the clubs complete at least 1 Legacy Service Project.
- Encourage more of the Club Leadership and Members to participate in and attend District Meetings.
- Provide New Member Orientation to New Members
- Promote effective communication and leadership in the Clubs with help from the District Governor Leadership Team
- Have every member of the District be a contributing member to the Lions Club International Foundation in the amount of $21.56 per member.
- Promote the concept of Team Work in following the District Governor’s theme of Team Up For Service Excellence
- Remember to have fun and enjoy being a Lion!!!!!
If you could save a child’s sight with the press of a button, wouldn’t you? That’s the idea behind Lions KidSight USA, a new national initiative announced by Lions in the United States. Lions KidSight USA was launched to help ensure that children between the ages of six months and six years receive vision screening and professional follow-up care when needed. - See more at: http://e-district.org/sites/kidsightusa/
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.