Strengthen the Pride and Be Lion Hearted
Multiple District 22
The 16th District of Lions Clubs International was organized in 1921 and consisted of the states of New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia. Because of the rapid growth, it became necessary in 1922 to divide the area - New Jersey remained as the 16th District, New York became District 20, and Maryland, Delaware, and D.C. became District 22.
The Baltimore Club was the first to organize (October 26,1921) within the boundaries of the present District 22. In 1940, District 22 was divided into Districts 22-A and 22-B. In 1944, District 22-C was organized, followed by Districts 22-D and 22-W in 1947. The Frederick Club was the first to have organized (June 7, 1922) within the boundaries of the present Sub-District 22-W. Multiple District 22 is divided into the following sub-districts:
- District 22-A - Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Baltimore City, Harford and Howard Counties
- District 22-B - Caroline, Cecil, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne's, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico and Worchester Counties
- District 22-C - Calvert, Charles, Montgomery, Prince Georges, St. Mary's Counties and the District of Columbia
- District 22-D - State of Delaware
- District 22-W - Allegany, Carroll, Frederick, Garrett and Washington Counties
Lions are an international network of 1.3 million men and women in 205 countries and geographic areas who work together to answer the needs that challenge communities around the world.