SEEDS OF SERVICE
The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision."
Thankfully as Lions, we have vision. We envision a world where 80% of all visual impairment is prevented or cured because it can be with our continued efforts. Our Worldwide Week of Service in Sight is October 10-16. Please plan a service activity in your community or make a donation during the week to change the lives of those who suffer blindness or low vision. Visit the Worldwide Week of Service in Sight webpage for more information and start planning your project today!
Visual Impairment and Blindness
* 285 million people are estimated to be visually I impaired worldwide: 39 million are blind and 246 have low vision.
* About 90% of the world’s visually impaired live in low-income settings.
* 82% of people living with blindness are aged 50 and above.
* Globally, uncorrected refractive errors are the main cause of moderate and severe visual impairment; cataracts remain the leading cause of blindness in middle- and low-income countries.
* The number of people visually impaired from infectious diseases has reduced in the last 20 years according to global estimates work.
Yours in Service
Home Club: Terra Rubra Lions Club